Teks Descriptive/Procedure Pronounciation 7.2
Untuk materi ini mempunyai 1 Kompetensi Dasar yaitu:
Kompetensi Dasar :
- membaca nyaring bermakna teks fungsional dan esai pendek dan sangat sederhana berbentuk descriptive/ procedure dengan ucapan, tekanan dan intonasi yang berirama.
The Ambarawa Train Museum houses 21 antique locomotives plus two more, which are stored in the depot. These locomotives are no longer produced; even the factories that made them no longer exist. The main building of this museum is the defunct Ambarawa railway station which was built in 1873. the station covers 127,500 m2.
The oldest in this museum is a locomotive made by Hartman Chemnitz. This locomotive, with a length of 8.58 m and a width of 2.45 m, began its operation in 1891. Using wood as fuel, the steam locomotive could run 50 km/h – its maximum speed.
A special part of a visit to this museum is a trip by train from the Ambarawa Train Museum to the defunct Bedono train station. This package tour is called Railway Mountain Tour. Why is the trip so special? Because the participants will board an antique train and the train will travel on a 4.9 kilometer-cog railway, which is the only one in the world.
1. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
2. “A special part of a visit to this museum is a trip by train from…” (par.2).
The underlined word refers to …
1. “The main building of this museum is the defunct Ambarawa railway station…” (par.1).
The word “main” has the similar meaning to …..
Museum Sejarah Jakarta
Also known as Museum Fatahilah, this museum was named after the sultan who defeated the portuguese in 1527. the Museum, located in Taman Fatahilah, used to be the heart of Dutch colonial administration. Formerly it was the Stadhuis or the Town Hall of Batavia, bult in 1627 and then renovated in 1705 – 1715.
The Museum has a collection of 18 th century furnishing, chinaware, ancient map of Jakarta, and potraits of former colonial governos. In the back of museum, there is a big old Portuguese cannon called is Jagur, with writing in Latin: Ex Me Ipsa Renata Sum (I am Reborn From Myself). It is said so to show that the cannon was remolded from several smaller cannons. It is believed that Jagur possesses certain mystical powers. Many women who aren’t able to bear children visit it shopping to be blessed with children.
1. What does the text mainly talk about?
2. What can we find in the museum?
3. “It is believed that Jagur possesses certain mystical powers.” (par.2). The underlined word means ….